The Hebrew word for salvation is y shuw ah, #3444 in the Strong’s Concordance. It means:
In the New Testament there are two words for salvation. Strong’s #4991 soteria and #4982 #4982 sozo . These two words have these English implications:
- DELIVERANCE FROM DANGER (see Hebrews11:7)
- DELIVERANCE FROM SLAVERY (see Acts 7:25)
- DELIVERANCE FROM ENEMIES (see Luke 1:77)
- DELIVERANCE FROM DEMONS
- DELIVERANCE FROM IMPENDING PERIL
- DELIVERANCE FROM SICKNESS
- DELIVERANCE FROM ETERNAL DEATH AND PUNISHMENT
- VICTORY (BY IMPLICATION, ESPECIALLY FROM DEFEAT IN BATTLE)
- VICTORY FROM SIN’S POWER AND CONSEQUENCES OF SIN (see Luke 1:77; Luke 19:9)
1. Meditate upon all of these varied expressions and provisions of salvation with thanksgiving and praise. (Taking time to do this will help put roots down in your own heart, which gives greater confidence in your personal life and in ministry.)
2. Make a list of situations and circumstances where the different aspects of salvation are needed.
Consider all areas of life:
- EMOTIONAL RELATIONAL/SOCIAL
Get SALVATION (the gift or grace) deeply rooted in your heart, mind, words and life. Jesus came to SET US FREE. John 8:32 …Know TRUTH….TRUTH shall set you free.
It is really amazing to see all the benefits of salvation. We have a great opportunity to deepen our faith and to assist others in believing that the work of salvation, by Jesus on the cross and through the resurrection, makes victory possible in EVERY AREA of life.
We are to believe and enforce victory in our own life. We do not have to come short of complete deliverance. There is no situation, whether a habit, a need or a problem, that the grace of salvation cannot intervene with deliverance, welfare and prosperity.
The final thought today is this, salvation in our soul and in all other areas of life is a process. In Philippians 2:12-13 we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, because God is working within us to WILL AND DO His good pleasure.
Do you see it? 1) it is a “work-out” 2) it is a partnership between the individual and God.
BE FREE. LIVE FREE.