I believe at this time we are all being given the opportunity to be “re-aligned” to the purposes of God, and to be stretched beyond our familiar habits.
It was never the intent of God that we become Christian ‘couch potatoes’, or rather, I mean “pew-sitters”, simply struggling in the flesh to attain the “good life” or the American Dream. Instead we called to be participating in fulfilling God’s Dream.
Jesus said that we are to be salt and light. Really that means so much more than just being nice people. Yes, it is great to daily walk in love and mercy, doing charitable deeds etc., but we must also be willing to walk in the SUPERNATURAL POWER OF GOD.
Paul said “I don’t come to you with just words, but in demonstration of the power of God.” That motivation is not to be just reserved for corporate times of assembly or other “planned” events, but in our ordinary lives when we are aware of the destroyer’s work.
Let me suggest some scriptures and just a few more thoughts for your reflection and meditation as we are getting ready to begin the mini-lessons. (Most of the lessons will be posted on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.)
- Acts 10:38 …God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.
Everywhere Jesus went, after He was revealed in His appointed time/season, He carried with Him:
1. The Anointing (supernatural power of God) to heal and deliver
2. The Authority of God (needed to carry out Heaven’s assignment)
3. The Atmosphere of Heaven (manifesting Presence, Power and Peace)
Nothing was “random” about His ministry or the timing. Nothing was left to happenstance. He was on assignment. And He only did what the Father showed Him, John 5:19.
We are called to walk the same way He walked. This reality should become our WAKE-UP CALL!
Think, pray and meditate on the following verses:
1. 1 JOHN 2:6 He who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk just as He walked.
2. 1 John 4:17b as He is, so are we in this world.
3. Eph. 5:1 Therefore be imitators of God……
4. John 14:12 …the works that I do (you) will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to my Father.
If you will spend time in prayer over these verses you will receive revelation and a hunger to walk in this way.
Remember He has given us anointing, authority, and assignments. God is not trying to figure out where to use us. He is waiting on us to discover what we already have, and to use what He has given, wherever He sends us.
ARE YOU ALREADY ARMED AND DANGEROUS?